Using Brush Effect Modifiers
With Brush Effects Modifiers it is possible to adjust the behavior of a brush without any knowledge of brush editing.
Step 1 : Original Brush
- The is the original brush that will be edited in this example.
- Notice the brush effects that make up this brush.
- This is the current look of this brush.
Note: When editing brushes, you are always editing the brush that is in the Brush Shortcuts. Brushes in the ArtSet are not directly edited with the exception of using the Brush Options dialog in the Edit ArtSet dialog. After editing a brush if you want to save it you can place it into an ArtSet. See the topics on Editing ArtSets for more details.
Step 2 : Select a Brush Effects Modifier
- Click the Brush Effects Modifier icon.
- The Select Brush dialog will appear with special effect ArtSets displayed. Select a Category of brush effect.
- Select a specific brush effect. The dialog will automatically close after the selection and your current brush will be updated with the brush effects selected.
Step 3 : The Results
- Notice the additional brush effect now appears. This came from the Brush Effect Modifier.
- Notice the wash appearance of the brush.
Note: If you want to revert back to the original brush just reselect it from the original ArtSet.