Art Pro Text Brushes: Use
The Pro Text Brush
The Pro Text Brush is a universal text brush.
1. The Pro Text Brush is selected.
2. The Spacing brush control will define the space between the letters.
3. The Directional Rotate control determines if your brush will rotate when changing the direction during painting.
4. The Once / Repeat option controls if the string will be pained just once or another string will be painted after the first is done.
5. The Shadow Distance check box and slider add and control the size of a text shadow.
6. With this slider you can control the 3D level of the text. This option is more often used together with the Shadow Distance control enabled.
7. The Color Cycle Speed is used for multi-color text. When this option is checked, all 4 colors from the color bar will be used, and the slider controls how fast the colors will be changed.
8. The Color Variance (pixel) slider will add a slight texture effect to your string.
9. Your text string with previously selected font and font size.
10. The Brush size. This is the control that actually defines the size of the text.
11. Use the Brush Rotate modifier to set the letters direction.
12. The text string painted with the Pro Text Brush with a spacing value of 3 and just Direction Rotate brush control enabled.
13. The Text String with the Direction Rotate control disabled.
14. The Text String with the Shadow Distance and 3D Level controls enabled.
15. The Text String with the Color Cycle Speed control enabled and set to the maximum value.
16. The Text String with a high value of the Color Variance (pixel) control enabled.
The Pro Text Soft Shadow Brush
The Pro Text Soft Shadow Brush will add a soft shadow to your text. It is very similar to the Pro Text Brush and has the same basic brush controls.
1. The Pro Text Soft Shadow Brush is selected.
2. You can control the Shadow Size with this slider. For all other basic brush controls, please refer to the Pro Text Brush description above.
3. The text string with 3 different shadow sizes applied.
4. The text string with a 3D Level control applied.
The Pro Text Glow Brush
The Pro Text Glow Brush is similar to the two previous brushes, but it adds a glow to the text.
1. The Pro Text Glow Brush is selected.
2. The Glow Shading, Size and Opacity are controlled by these sliders.
3. The text string with different combinations of glow shading, size and opacity applied.
The Pro Pattern Text Brush
The Pro Pattern Text Brush uses the built-in collection of patterns included in TwistedBrush Pro Studio.
1. The Pro Pattern Text Brush is selected.
2. Click the Pattern button to select any of the available patterns.
3. The Pattern Scale slider determines the size of the pattern.
4. If the Random Pattern Offset option is checked, a random arrangement of the pattern template will be applied. This means that each text string will look different when the same pattern and brush control options are selected.
5. The text string with an applied pattern and without any additional brush controls enabled.
6. The text string from the previous example with applied shadow and 3D level.
7. The text string with different scales of the same pattern.
8. The text string with the same pattern and pattern size, but with the Random Pattern Offset enabled.
The Pro Clip Pattern Text Brush
The Pro Clip Pattern Text brush is also a pattern brush, but instead of setting the texture from a predefined set of options (the pattern gallery), it takes it from an image selected by you and placed on the clipboard or saved as a clip.
1. The Pro Clip Pattern Text Brush is selected.
2. Option 1: Using a pattern from the clipboard. The picture on the canvas is the one we have used for the following examples.
2.1. Open the image from which you want to extract the pattern.
2.2. Press the Ctrl+C keys or select Copy Page from the Edit menu. Your image data is now set to the Clipboard.
2.3. Go back to your working page and start painting.
3. Option 2: Using a saved clip.
3.1. Toggle the Clips panel from the View menu.
3.2. Click on the desired clip.
3.3. Start painting on the canvas.
5. The text string with the pattern extracted from the image through the clipboard.
6. The text string with patterns from different clips.
The Pro Seamless Text Brush
The Pro Seamless Text Brush will place multiple symmetrical copies of your text onto the canvas.
1. The Pro Seamless Text Brush is selected.
2. The Tile X and Y sliders are used to set the number of copies that you wanted to be painted on the X and Y axes (horizontal and vertical).
3. There are 2 symmetrical copies of the text string on the X axis and 3 symmetrical copies on the Y axis painted all at once.
The Pro Cloner Text Brush
1. The Pro Cloner Text Brush is selected.
2. Open the image which you want to use as a texture or import it on a new layer.
3. To set the clone source origin, press the Ctrl key and click on the image. The use of this brush is based on the cloning from an absolute offset position technique included in TwistedBrush Pro Studio. This means that each stroke will begin from the cloning source origin.
4. Set the desired brush controls.
5. Start painting. The texture is taken entirely from the cloning source.
6. This is the same example, but with a Shadow and a 3D effect added.
7. The texture can be used on a different layer and even if you make the layer with the cloning source invisible.
8. To clear the cloning source, select Clear Clone Offset from the Page menu.
The Pro Eraser Text Brush
The Pro Eraser Text Brush will clean the image data from the canvas.
1. The Pro Eraser Text Brush is selected.
2. Set the Once / Repeat slider to the maximum value for full erasing capability.
3. Or set it to the minimum value if you want to clear just a small part of the letter surface for a special effect.
The Pro Text Filter Brush
The Pro Cloner Text Brush is a texture brush where the texture is defined by selected image data, in this case called a cloning source.
The Pro Text Filter Brush will apply a filter to your text string.
1. The Pro Text Filter Brush is selected.
2. Click the Filter button to select and apply a filter to your text string. Note that the filter will be applied only to any future text that you will place on the canvas as long as the filter is selected and not to the present text.
3. Select a filter from the list.
4. Set the filter parameters.
5. Enable the Preview option to see a preview of your settings.
6. After setting the filter parameters, you can save the preset for a future use.
7. With the Delete Preset button you can delete any saved preset.
8. When done, click the Set Brush Image Filter button to assign the filter to your brush.
9. Click the Clear Brush Image Filter to remove the filter from the brush and to continue painting text without a filter.
10. The text string without an applied filter.
11. The text string with an Artistic Cartoon filter applied.
12. The text string with a Blur More filter applied.
The Pro Shaded Text Brushes
The Pro Shaded Text Brushes (The Pro Shaded Text Brush, The Pro Pattern Shaded Text Brush, The Pro Clip Pattern Shaded Text Brush and The Pro Cloner Shaded Text Brush) are similar to the other brushes included in the Art Pro Text Brushes, but they have a built-in shaded and 3D effects.
1. The Pro Shaded Text Brushes included in the Art Pro Text Brushes ArtSet.
2. The Pro Shaded Text Brush is selected.
3. When using these brushes, the selected color from the color bar with define the text color and the first unselected color will define the shadow color. For example, if you select the 3rd color in the color bar as a text color, the first one will be taken as a shadow color.
4. The Shade Direction and the Shade Depth are the other 2 setting defining the Shadow other than the Color.
5. With the Color Cycle Speed option checked, the text will have a 2-level shadow comprised of the first 2 colors in the Color bar, and the Text Color will vary between Color 3 and 4 depending on the selected speed.
6. The Pixel Luminance Variance will add a texture effect to the text string through a color variance.
7. The 3D Edge control will sharpen the outline of the letters and will give them the emboss effect.
8. The text string painted with the Pro Shaded Text Brush, without additional brush controls enabled.
9. The text string with a different Shade Direction and a higher Shade Depth.
10. The text string with the Color Cycle Speed control enabled and set on the maximum value.
11. The text string with a different text color and shade.
12. The text string with a different text color and shade.
13. The text string with the Pixel Luminance Variance control enabled.
14. The text string with the 3D edge control enabled.