Paint Bucket Tool
The Paint Bucket tool allows you to fill or erase areas of your image based on color, hue, luminance or alpha ranges.
Basic Paint Bucket Usage
- The Paint Bucket tool
- The tolerance slider determines how large of an area will be filled based on similar color or hues. The smaller the tolerance the closer the colors must match for the fill to continue. The tolerance slider is adjusted dynamically (in Adjust Mode) by clicking and dragging on your canvas. As you drag to the right the tolerance value will increase. To fine tune the tolerance press and hold down the Shift key while making adjustments.
- There are a number of different modes for the Paint Bucket tool. See below for examples of these.
- This selection determines if the Paint Bucket tool will work in adjustment mode where the tolerance is adjusted as the cursor is move or if it will work in Repeat mode. In Repeat mode a new fill of the set type and tolerance will occur each time the cursor position is sampled.
- Here is a basic fill with the default options of Paint Connected. The green area of this hue wheel was clicked the mouse was moved to the right to expand to cover the shown area.
Paint Bucket with Paint Non-Connected Mode
- Paint Non-Connected option is selected.
- Notice that now with the fill all colors in the image that match were processed at the same time.
Paint Bucket with the Erase Connected Option
- The Erase Connected option is selected.
- Rather than filling the area the area is erased.
Paint Bucket with the Erase Non-Connected Option
- The Erase Non-Connected option is selected.
- Now all matching areas in the image are erased at the same time.