Brush Shortcut Panel
The Brush Shortcut panel will always show the currently selected brush. Brushes selected from an ArtSet get copied into the Brush Shortcut panel so that they can be modified without impacting the original brush stored in the ArtSet.
Understanding the Brush Shortcut Panel
- The name of the ArtSet where the currently selected brush came from.
- Nine brushes are accessible from this list.
- This icon, when clicked, with popup the Brush Select Dialog.
- These are the Shortcut keys to quickly select a brush.
- The Brush Shortcuts have 6 banks of nine brushes. Clicking the tab will switch to that bank of nine brushes.
Making a Copy of a Brush Shortcut
Resetting the Brush Shortcuts
Saving and Loading Sets of Shortcuts
Brush Display Mode
There is an alternate display mode for the Brush Shortcuts panel. In this mode rather than the brush names appearing in the list it is the ArtSet name. It is a different way of working that may appeal to some.
- The display mode can be toggled from this popup menu choice.
- Rather than the ArtSet name appearing here the current brush name is shown.
- The ArtSet name is shown here that rather than the brush name.
- See the topic on Docking and Undocking Paint Control Panels for information on undocking the Brush Shortcut panel