Paper Textures give you the option for brushes to interact with the canvas.
- Click the Set Paper Type item in the Page menu to display the Select Paper dialog.
- Notice that the Paper Layer is selected when the Select Paper dialog is displayed.
- Numerous paper / canvas / support types can be selected here.
- The Adherence slider controls how easily the paint sticks to the paper. Normally you will not be adjusting this.
- The Weight slider controls the strength of the texture.
- The Scale slider controls the size of the texture.
- The Invert option will invert the texture.
- A list with additional presets. Some options for specific brushes are presented. New user-made presets can be saved here.
- The Reset button will clear all changes.
- The Save Preset button will save a custom-made preset to the right column with options.
- The Delete Preset button will delete any preset from both columns with options.
- The Ok button is clicked when the selection and settings are complete.
- The Cancel button will close the dialog without applying any changes to the canvas.
- The paper is represented on the page in grayscale. This grayscale color is only shown for purposes of adjusting the settings. Once complete with the setting the paper and texture will be invisible until painted over.