Brush modifiers are an easy way to change the shape, size, rotation, color, pattern and texture of brushes.
Understanding the Brush Modifiers Panel
- Brush Shape Modifier
- Brush Rotation Modifier
- Brush Size Modifier
- Brush Texture Modifier
- Brush Color (and Pattern) Modifier
- Brush Effects Modifier
Also see the topic Docking and Undocking Paint Control Panels
Using the Brush Modifiers : Part 1
- Click the Shape Brush Modifier icon. This will launch the Select Brush dialog
- Choose a Shape ArtSet. Notice that when using the Brush Modifiers the Select Brush dialog will be automatically filtered to only the ArtSets that are applicable to that modifier type.
- Select the shape to apply to the brush.
Using the Brush Modifiers : Part 2
- In the previous step the star shape was selected from using the Brush Shape Modifier. Here is the result of using the brush with the shape applied.